Opening Guidelines for May 2021 TBD
Guidelines for May 2020
As we prepare for our upcoming season, the Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to cover some important safety guidelines regarding the current pandemic as it pertains to our beaches.
Per the Board of Health, we will be posting the memorandum from The Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, issued May 18, 2020. This memo lays out guidelines for beach operators and can be found here:
Additionally, we would like to make the membership aware of the following:
- Face masks shall be worn when social distancing is not possible
- There may be a restriction on the number of members allowed on the beach at a time, specifics will be provided on signage at each of the beaches
- Please bring your membership cards to the beach, you will be asked to show proof of membership
- No guests (for the time being). This is to ensure equal access to the lake for paying members given our reduced capacity limits for the 2020 season.
- No parties, such as birthday or graduation (for the time being)
- Sanitize your picnic table when finished using it, members are responsible for sanitizing shared spaces such as the picnic tables
- Carry in, Carry out: please take all your trash and recycling with you when leaving. The trash bins will be removed.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the port-o-john at Sandy
- The NIA operates 4 beaches, please consider using another property on a busy day:
- Mary Lou
- North Beach
- Noble’s Cove
We do ask you to refrain from coming to the beach if in the previous 14 days you:
· Have been diagnosed with COVID-19
· Have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. cough, fever, shortness of breath)
· Have traveled outside of Massachusetts
· Have had exposure to someone with known or suspected COVID-19
We will be following these guidelines and revising them as needed as conditions/guidelines change. We want to thank you, the members, for your continued support and commitment to safety in helping us follow these updated changes.
NIA Board of Directors